Planning to legalize your documents in Dubai? Everything you need to know is right here
Would you like to take that leap for your betterment or get that raise at your current job? If so, you should consider legalizing your documents, as credible documents are mandatory in UAE. To allow local governments to accept that documents passed through document attestation Dubai to become legalized, they need to be authenticated to the required level. This can be used to verify the legitimacy of an overseas document. Despite the simple appearance of document attestation, the document will be rejected if not performed correctly. It is advisable to get assistance from an expert for a hassle free completion of attestation.
Two Main Types of Attested Documents
Attestations are required for both personal and company documents. The following are among them:
- Education Certificates
- Birth, Marriage, Death, or Adoption Certificates
- Decree Absolute or Divorce Documents
- Letters of Administration, Wills, and Affidavits
- Reports from the police
- Registries of company incorporations
- Power of Attorney
Document Attestation – Why Do You Need It?
Some Middle Eastern countries are stricter than others when it comes to expat work visas. The job title of someone in Saudi Arabia must relate to the field of study they have listed as their major. Expats without degrees in the UAE can obtain jobs like admin assistant or archives clerk if they do not have degrees.
Expats who wish to sponsor their families will need attested marriage, birth, and adoption certificates and a higher-level job title. A degree-level or higher education certificate is the only certificate that needs to be attested.
Document Attestation: What Does It Entail?
It is highly recommended that expats complete all document attestation before arriving in the Middle East, since the process can be lengthy. Depending on the country from which the document originates, the process will differ slightly:
- English or Arabic translations are required for official documents
- A document’s legitimacy must be verified in the country where it was issued. A solicitor can help with this, as can the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Department of Foreign Affairs.
- Their validity will need to be verified by the embassy or consulate in the country where the applicant plans to reside. A British Embassy for the UAE would be an example of this.
- In the candidate’s intended country of residence, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs must attest the document.
Document Attestation: What You Need To Know
Assuring the accuracy of your certificates is done by attestation, the process of verifying them by the provision of a seal or stamp on them by a designated authority or person. The attestation of certificates has some important aspects. They are
- Authenticating your documents for use abroad requires the attestation of your certificates.
- Document forgery, fraud, and misrepresentation must be avoided.
- In order to receive a work permit, residence visa, or admission into a foreign school or university, you will need to have your certificate attested.
- The attesting process helps foreign authorities verify the authenticity and genuineness of your documents.
- A certificate is endorsed by the nation/state where it was issued. In the case of being born in Kerala but having completed your education in Tamil Nadu, you are required to attest the documents pertaining to your educational background from that state.
- It is possible to attestation certificates on a variety of documents, whether they be business documents, educational documents, or personal documents.
- The process of attesting a document involves several steps. States have their own processes.
In order to certify a document, the following steps are necessary:
- Educational documents are the only ones that require HRD attestation. HRD departments are established in each state. Documents that have been approved by the government are the only ones that go through this process.
- Notary Attestations are used to certify non-educational documents like birth certificates, marriage certificates, death certificates, wills, and affidavits.
- The chamber of commerce of the respective state attests commercial documents to be used abroad.
- State attestation must be completed before MEA attestation can be obtained. A certificate of attestation is issued by the Ministry of External Affairs. Getting the embassy’s attestation is crucial.
- When traveling to one of the countries that are members of the Hague convention, an Apostille attestation is required.
- Your passport will be attested by the embassy of the country you are traveling to. A UAE embassy attestation in home country is required if you are migrating to the UAE.
If you are looking to to attest your documents in Dubai and need to know more information about certificate attestation, we are happy to help. Drop us a line on our email and our experts will get in touch with you soon.
Rely on an experienced partner when it comes to Form Document Procurement and Attestation
It is imperative to approach various parties in the correct order in order to obtain a document attestation services dubai. As part of its full suite of global expansion services, Triumph Attest offers a trusted network of in-country support for document attestation. To start your global expansion, reach out to Triumph Attest today whether you’re sending an employee or making the move yourself.